Thursday, December 27, 2012

2012 Retrospective

In 2012, I moved out of my comfortable convent and found a close company of friends amid a Shaolin Temple-style training ground.

In 2012, I lost a dear uncle and a crusty sewing lao shi, whose voice still rings in my ear when I sew anything.

In 2012, I cut my hair short and tried to say farewell to marriage dreams.

In 2012, I moped and became de-skilled.

In 2012, I felt released.
 
In 2012, I started dreaming again.

In 2012, I read my first story.

In 2012, I learned how to fight without being wounded.

In 2012, the pain of fibroids and endometriosis continued.

In 2012, the worries culminated.

In 2012, my 1st non zero-dollar phone drowned in the office toilet bowl. And was resurrected!

In 2012, I sewed 2 massive roman pillars for the church musical.

In 2012, I took a step of faith when I signed up to sew for the musical. 

In 2012, I started enjoying social media.

In 2012, I laughed and loved with my best friends, my parents.

In 2012, I enjoyed being an aunt and having an aunt.

In 2012, I waited.


For all these, I thank the Lord.  

2012 has been a good year.

All the while, You hear each spoken need.
Your love is too way too much to give us lesser things.

Cause what if your blessings come through raindrops?
What if your healing comes through tears?
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near?

What if trials of this life, are Your mercies in disguise?

~ 'Blessings' by Laura Story~
 

 


1 comment:

  1. Gen, what a wonderful retrospective of the year. I am sorry we lost touch and we haven't spoken in quite awhile. Would you like to meet up for tea sometime? I am still teaching at Raffles.

    ReplyDelete